About Robert Rosen Jacobson
Rosen Jacobson is an adventurist in its purest form, who has learned what it means to solve most of the challenging problems. He finished in October 2009 as 7th of the 211 so called “coureurs” in the Class Mini year ranking. Despite only a preparation, training, qualification time of 11 months. Despite his age: twice as old as the mean age of the participating “coureurs”, skippers. As a result of the success of Rosen Jacobson and his Team, the project will be extended with at least 2 years. The name: PROJECT 2012.
One month alone on two Oceans, without any help from third parties, more than normal basic, physical and mental tough conditions and primitive circumstances, without communication with shore. Alone in your boat, alone in the world. The Race is being sailed in the smallest and fastest Trans-Ocean Class, the Mini Transat 6.50, only 6,50 meter long (21 feet), nicknamed Pocket Rockets. A Race which ever was forbidden because of the dangers involved. In such a framework, without noise and concealment, final and crystal clear lessons are being learned.
The what and how for which audience
Rosen Jacobson presents the reasons, the organization, his experiences as Trans Ocean Single Handed Racer and what he learned on a personal level from this extreme Trans-Atlantic isolated experience. If requested for, the end of January ready movie about this unique subject can be presented. His goal is to take (top) management and teams, who are swimming around with a problem or issue, into his story. The essence of his successful project and Trans-Atlantic racing, offers parallels for successfully running a business or organization. It supports us to find solutions for problems and current issues. After that we can talk about the core of things, not anymore in a distorted way. This is for management and individuals who want to open themselves for that.
1. You must be crazy! Professional Trans-Atlantic Solo racing in a Transat 6.50.
2. Extreme. Why this much extreme? What does it bring you to live so basic, so primitive, so dangerous during 4 weeks on two Oceans?
3. Project. The setup and organization of an intensive, intense and complex project/campaign.
4. Strategy and tactics on board. Simulation, preparation, decisions and implementation.
5. Management. Effectively decision making on board.
6. Decision making. (on board, on your own?). Balance, supported and lived up to, by the people involved. It all counts here. Why and how to realize that?
7. Confrontation with yourself in the deepest core of your bones. What does that mean.
8. Life lessons as a result of the conquered North- and South-Atlantic Oceans on your own, on a very small boat.
9. Optimal! The why and how of not a maximum life, but the optimum life. The only way to survive and to reach (properly) your goal.
10. Here and Now! Its value, significance and its purpose of a life here and now!
11. Personal. The personal reasons, execution and the results of the project and a window into the future.
12. Survival, how? What do you need to survive, in mental, spiritual and in physical sense.
13. Harmonizing with the surroundings. The how, what and why and the emergency to live in balance with and synchronized within your environment.
14. Team, adherence, spirit. Requisite necessity for a most successful team. Energy, spirit.
15. Afraid, Apprehension, uncertainty. Significance, inter relation, recognition and to learn to handle these all people issues. Solitude and loneliness. How to overcome supposed threads?
16. Sustainable solutions. Back to the core. Borders of solubility. Identification and how to act.
17. Semblance of solution. Blame of the other and optimal solution do not go together. Waste of time.
18. Realizing dreams. How to?
19. Simulation and the learning process. The benefit, the nonsense and the use of decision-making- and simulation programs.
20. Attitude. How to value people? Knowledge, skills, attitude.
21. Preparedness. Preparation, one most important contribution to the success of a project. How?
22. Meaning of life in an unstable situation. How do you still reach your goal in such circumstances.
23. Get your goal! The 5 pillars.