Biography of Michel Aglietta
French economist, specialized in international finance
A graduate of Ecole Polytechnique, Michel Aglietta is a French economist, specialized in international finance.
He is currently Emeritus Professor of Economics at the University of Paris X Nanterre, and Honorary Member of the Institut Universitaire de France. He is also a scientific advisor at the Center of International Studies and Forecasting (CEPII), and at Groupama Asset Management.
Michel Aglietta was one of the founders in 1976, with Robert Boyer, of the regulation school, the foundation of which was laid by his monograph A Theory of Capitalist Regulation: The US Experience (Verso, 1976).
He was administrator of the INSEE from 1964 to 1970, and research fellow in the economics department of Harvard University and of Harvard Business School from 1970 to 1972.
From 1990 to 1998, he was a consultant at the Bank of France.
In 1995, he was a visiting fellow at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
From 1997 to 2003, he was a member of the French Council of Economic Advisors attached to Prime Minister
He was also a member of the French think tank the Circle of the economists from 1998 to 2006.
His most recent publications are :
• China’s way: capitalism and empire, with Guo Bai, Routledge, forthcoming October 2012
• Zone Euro. Eclatement ou Fédération, Michalon, January 2012
• Les hedge funds: entrepreneurs ou requins de la finance?, with Sabrina Khanniche and Sandra Rigot, Perrin, 2010
• La Crise, Michalon, 2nd ed., 2010, May
• Crise et rénovation de la Finance, with Sandra Rigot, Odile Jacob, March 2009
• Macroéconomie Financière , 5th ed. entirely revised, collection Grands Repères, La Découverte, 2008
• Désordres dans le capitalisme mondial, with Laurent Berrebi, Odile Jacob, March 2007
• La Chine vers la superpuissance, Economica, February 2007
- Europe : sovereign debt crisis – banking and budgetary union – which exit from the crisis ? which growth for Europe ?
- China : specific nature of the chinese capitalism – forecasts 2030 : which new growth regime ?
- International monetary system : decline of the dollar – what changes to a polycentyric system ? Problems of global governance
- Financial crisis and regulation
- Sustainable development in a economic perspective
Books of Michel Aglietta
References of Michel Aglietta
Publications of Michel Aglietta
Video's of' Michel Aglietta
Photos of Michel Aglietta
Telephone: +31 (0) 10 - 433 33 22 or via e-mail: email@example.com